In this week’s (Oct 27 – Nov 2) issue of El Sol de la Sierra, our local Spanish-language weekly here in the Eastern Sierra, readers will find two news items of interest:
1) On the front page, our contributed column “Amigos de Nuestras Tierras” (“Friends of Our Lands”) aims to raise awareness about two public scoping meetings Nov. 2 & 3, about the “Mammoth Donut Project” designed to build fire resiliency around the town of Mammoth Lakes; and
2) On page 4, information about a Nov. 3 immigration clinic in Bishop hosted by Catholic Charities at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, to help immigrants with the naturalization process so they can become U.S. citizens, and assistance with DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) renewals. Please share this news with your Spanish-speaking amigos in any one of the following ways:
- Click here or on the image to download a pdf version of El Sol de la Sierra.
- Click here to go to ElSoldelaSierra.com and access the online version of this week’s paper.
- Pick up a paper copy of El Sol de la Sierra in businesses throughout Inyo and Mono Counties.