- This event has passed.
Owens Lake Bird Festival
April 28, 2017 from 8:00 am - April 30, 2017 from 5:00 pm
*** This year’s Owens Lake Bird Festival is sold out. Email Ben to get added to the waitlist.
Lone Pine, CA
April 28th, 29th, and 30th, 2017
***This year’s Owens Lake Bird Festival has sold out. Send us an email, and we can add you to the wait list, or we hope to see you next year.
Friends of the Inyo invites all birders and lovers of wildlife and beautiful landscapes to celebrate with us during the 3rd Annual Owens Lake Bird Festival, April 28-30, 2017 in Lone Pine, California. The Owens Lake Bird Festival promises great opportunities for experiencing a special place during the height of an awe inspiring migration of birds travelling between hemispheres.
Registration is now open. Register Here
This year’s festival includes:
- Friday evening reception at the Western Film History Museum
- Saturday and Sunday outings led by expert guides
- Explore on and off Owens Lake through trips that cater to beginners and experts, and cover natural and cultural history
- New outings include a Keeler walking history tour, a bird and botany exploration in the Alabama Hills, and an Owens River Exploration
- Saturday evening reception including “The Amazing Shorebirds of Owens Lake” by Tom and Jo Heindel
Thanks you to our festival partners and sponsors for making this year’s Owens Lake Bird Festival possible.
Friday, April 28- Sunday, April 30, 2017
Tickets: $60, students $30, children 12 and under free
- Registration includes Friday evening reception, trips on Saturday and Sunday plus continental breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
Saturday sack lunch $15
- Must pre-order
Saturday dinner celebration $31.00
- Includes catered dinner from the Grill, beer from Mountain Rambler Brewery and wine from Barefoot Wines, and Inyo County’s long time pre-eminent birders Tom and Jo Heindel present “The Amazing Shorebirds of Owens Lake.”
*Friends of the Inyo is operating under special use permit from the Inyo National Forest. Friends of the Inyo is an equal opportunity provide.
- Trip Leaders
- Schedule of trips
- Trip Descriptions
- About Owens Lake
- Map of Owens Lake
- Birds of Owens Lake (checklist)
- List of Birds Seen at the 2016 Festival
- Photos and Video from the 2016 Festival
- Birding Ethics
- Lodging & Restaurants
- Sponsors & Partners
- Eastern Sierra Birding Trail Map
Photo by Gail Klett